DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[RELz]An-Arane Cey: Lost Sword of the Ayleids

WhoGuru

The flames are not scripted, so they show up fine.

Its the 'recharge' thing they did that is non-functional. But, I like my sword from the Ancient Towers much better anyway.

Although the flame was cool, it got irritating after a while! LOL! And really did not fit in with my stealth character.

The flaming sword is sort of like the flaming sword in my Haunted House mod, but mine left trails of flame behind it when you swung it around. It was a cool effect.

If OBSE allows it, you might check to make sure the player is in first person, and if not, force first person view first.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, there's a thought.  I'll sicc m age on it. LOL  

Never fear, the weapons in the sequel will be unenchanted, no flames to ruin your stealth.   aa_tongue.gif  I wish the flames had trailed when you swing the blade.  But as I wouldn't have the first clue how to script that...I'll not say a word.  LOL I gave him enough headaches.

The sword does not use script for the flames, or the trailing flames. Your sword simply attaches a 'torch flame' to the sword.

My sword used particle effects to achieve a similar, but more random flame. The particles stay in place when they are created, so a moving object leaves a trail of particles when its swung. It is a mesh issue, not a script issue.

heh, glad we lead you on a merry chase.

about the end cutscene, it has been bugging me for a while. There are three triggers, each doing a different stage of the script heres what is meant to happen.

You go through the first trigger

1. Put the player into third person

You go through the second trigger at the arch

2. You lose control and the animations play so you walk forward

3. You go through another trigger, that then starts the skeleton walking towards you.

You go through the last trigger halfway across the room

4. You stop and wait for the skeleton to get there. Dialogue then starts.

problem is you must be facing forward and in third person when the animation script start else nothing will happen and you freeze. really annoying.

im trying to fix it for the first update. but its hard. But before that i ave assignments for school to do, so bear with me.

Why not disable player controls, then put them in first person so they can't change back, then make them walk forward.

I have never tried this, but since the player controls are disabled, could you also perform a SetAngle command on the 'player' to point them in the right direction?

Or better yet, use an 'XMarkerHeading' and do a MoveToMarker command on the player. It will position the player correctly and point them in the right direction. And if you have the trigger box at the xmarkerheading objects location, there would not be much movement or loading screens.

Just some ideas...

Why not disable player controls, then put them in first person so they can't change back, then make them walk forward.I have never tried this, but since the player controls are disabled, could you also perform a SetAngle command on the 'player' to point them in the right direction?Or better yet, use an 'XMarkerHeading' and do a MoveToMarker command on the player. It will position the player correctly and point them in the right direction. And if you have the trigger box at the xmarkerheading objects location, there would not be much movement or loading screens.Just some ideas...

yeah ive been there. you can still cylce between veiws with the mousewheel, and i couldnt get the mousewheel to diable. oh yeah, and it third person you have to be in for the animation to start, not first person. aa_biggrin.gif

the set angle thing was suggested, im looking into it. Drake the Dragon suggested it this morning to me.

the xmarker heading didnt work (that was my first way to make it happen) after it all the scripts stop and no matter waht i did it always failed ans you got stuck. And the trigger never happens either. I been down that road a ton.

It should be simple to get the XMarkerHeading working.

Anytime you perform the moveto command on the player, it acts as a return.

So, what you do is set a variable first so the code that plays after the moveto will run. And so the moveto will not run again.

I can help with this if you like.

It should be simple to get the XMarkerHeading working.Anytime you perform the moveto command on the player, it acts as a return.So, what you do is set a variable first so the code that plays after the moveto will run. And so the moveto will not run again.I can help with this if you like.

certainly, its been a thorn in my side for a while. aa_tongue.gif

ill pm the scripts to you.

@Vereta

sort of. The animation will only work if they are in third person.but otherwise yes, you can remotely control the player with OBSE scripts.

Run Mage! Run!!!! She's going to ask you to make something soon, escape while you can! aa_biggrin.gif

Geez!  Don't give him ideas!   :lmao:  Atleast not before he figures out how to make the sword work the way I want it to in the sequel...heh heh heh  If he can, oh will that be cool!  tee hee

My mouse is not happy  aa_wall.gif Any more updates :P Perhaps some teasers of new special scripts like Ayleid Hunger?As usual, best of luck  :lmao:

Hmmm....teaser.  How about this?  You know how cool the blue Welkynd stone looks?  How about Red Welkynd stone weaponry?  A full set of available for purchase.  aa_tongue.gif

@Will - That is so damn cool!!!  Okay, I swear I'm downloading tomorrow and playing!   LOL

The skull on the current sword isn't really my type, but I can't wait for the red variant!

We lost the argument on that one.  :lmao:  I'm going to vote for no skulls on the new weapons.  Besides, An-Arane Cey should remain unique.   The new weapons are going to look amazing.  Shadow's already been playing with the textures.

Would love some teaser images! Especially with bows when they come out!I can't wait till' the next version is released  :lmao:

OOoh a bow and ARROWS!  Enchanted arrows with welkynd stone tips.   :P  My personal request to make my thieves and assassins happy.