DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Darkness Hollows Chat Thread! - SPOILERS INSIDE!

WhoGuru

16 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've returned from the Hollows, what did you think?

• Best Halloween mod ev-er!
    • I haven't braved the Hollows yet.
    • What? Hollow?
    • Cheese!

Been doing find outside of a lot of CTDs. Made it through level 14 had a long talk with lord Thatchmoon,had a fight and won.

Now what do I do with this Keyblade of souls. went to the room with the cage and pumpkin lock seemed like the right place,but I have tried from ever angle to and place but nothing happens. Did I miss something or doing something wrong? HELP/

Guess I can stop chasing the tail on this one then. :thumbup: Let me know if you track the conflict so I can note it in the readme. :thumbup:

Will do, it'll take awhile though. Lots of mods to wade through, and some of them need bashed patches built to get working. At least the UOP+UOPS+USIP is in the clear. That would have sucked :lmao:

The logic errors in the scripts I recompiled would still be good to include in your next update though, they didn't appear critical, but some of them looked like they'd not behave quite right. Also fixed the drowning area too, race check for Argonian did the trick.

Edited by Arthmoor

Just throwing it out there, I did cheat on a few of the levels. I got sick of fighting the summons of summons of summons and hordes of liches, zombies and skeletons and inevidibly dying even when trying the best of tactics =/. Also the one hit kill thunder shadow floors got annoying when they became unavoidable and in a room filled with zombies...So yeah...I used the "Unlock" feature and the kill...and the killall...and the tcl feature a few times...I think the quest should auto update if you make it to Thatchmoon's room. I cheated fair and square =D

I restarted level 11 and got through it with 1 ctd,but it would constantly pause for about 4 seconds from the battle with the Astronach onwards.When it paused my HUD would disappear and when it unpaused I would get the "hit" sound and the blurry screen effect.Once again I was getting this even after exiting the level.

I`ve listed my load order incase it helps to track down a common dominator as to why some people are having issues with this level.

00 Oblivion.esm
01 ScreenEffects.esm
02 All Natural Base.esm [Version 1.0]
03 Cobl Main.esm [Version 1.72]
04 Mart's Monster Mod.esm [Version 3.7b3p3]
05 NNWAEMaster.esm
06 Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp [Version 3.2.0]
07 Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
08 DLCShiveringIsles.esp
09 Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp [Version 1.4.0]
++ RedBag - Fog.esp
0A All Natural.esp [Version 1.0]
0B All Natural - SI.esp [Version 1.0]
0C Enhanced Water v2.0 HD.esp
++ Symphony of Violence.esp
0D Storms & Sound.esp
0E WindowLightingSystem.esp
0F ClocksOfCyrodiil.esp
10 ImprovedSigns.esp
++ Item interchange - Extraction.esp [Version 0.76]
11 BookTrackerOBSE.esp
12 CleanQuit.esp
13 ScreenControls.esp
14 Map Marker Overhaul.esp [Version 3.0.2]
15 Map Marker Overhaul - SI additions.esp [Version 3.0.2]
16 Enhanced Hotkeys.esp [Version 1.3]
17 SaiyanRanger.esp
18 LevelerCheat.esp
19 Cobl Glue.esp [Version 1.72]
1A Cobl Si.esp [Version 1.63]
++ Cobl Tweaks.esp [Version 1.44]
1B Mart's Monster Mod.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
++ Mart's Monster Mod - Shivering Isles.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
1C Mart's Monster Mod - Additional Enemy NPC Vars.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
++ Mart's Monster Mod - Diverse Imperial Armor.esp [Version 3.7b3p]
1D Mart's Monster Mod - Gems & Gem Dust.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
1E Mart's Monster Mod - Hunting & Crafting.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
++ Mart's Monster Mod - Looting NPCs & Creatures.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
1F Mart's Monster Mod - Durability & Damage.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
++ Mart's Monster Mod - Less Rats.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
++ Mart's Monster Mod - No Spiders.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
++ Mart's Monster Mod - No Adventurers.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
20 Mart's Monster Mod - Dungeons of MMM.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
21 Mart's Monster Mod - More Wilderness Life.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
++ Mart's Monster Mod - More Passive Wildlife.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
22 Mart's Monster Mod - City Defences.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
23 Mart's Monster Mod - Extra Wounding.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
24 Mart's Monster Mod - Farm Animals.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
++ Mart's Monster Mod - Slof Horses Complete.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
++ Mart's Monster Mod - Diverse Runeskulls Loot G&GD.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
++ MMM-Cobl.esp [Version 1.69]
25 BlackMarshHall.esp
26 Clintmichs Beautiful IC District Pack Plus.esp
27 DarknessHollows.esp
28 Hau'oli Paena.esp
29 Kariba.esp
2A The Arsenal.esp
2B LordKain_Adash_World.esp
2C NNWAREAyleidDungeons_Series1EV.esp [Version 2.2]
2D NNWAEDungeons-Series2EV.esp
2E NNWARE06-RhyeliaEmeroEV.esp
2F Snow Line Lodge.esp
30 The Ayleid Steps.esp [Version 3.4]
31 Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp
32 Wellspring Vale.esp
33 ElsweyrAnequina.esp
++ ElsweyrAnequina - Races HGEC-Robert.esp [Version 1.1]
34 xuldarkforest.esp [Version 1.0.4]
35 xulStendarrValley.esp [Version 1.2.2]
36 xulTheHeath.esp
37 MMMMWL-TheHeath patch.esp
38 XulEntiusGorge.esp
39 xulFallenleafEverglade.esp [Version 1.3.1]
3A Anequina-Fallenleaf-Patch.esp
3B xulColovianHighlands_EV.esp [Version 1.2.1]
3C xulChorrolHinterland.esp [Version 1.2.2]
3D xulBeachesOfCyrodiilLostCoast.esp [Version 1.6.4]
3E xulBravilBarrowfields.esp [Version 1.3.2]
3F xulLushWoodlands.esp [Version 1.3]
40 xulAncientYews.esp [Version 1.4.3]
41 xulAncientRedwoods.esp [Version 1.6]
42 xulCloudtopMountains.esp [Version 1.0.3]
43 xulArriusCreek.esp [Version 1.1.3]
44 xulRollingHills_EV_withoutWheat.esp [Version 1.3.2]
45 xulRollingHills_EV.esp [Version 1.3.2]
46 MMMMWL-RollingHills patch.esp
47 xulPantherRiver.esp
48 xulRiverEthe.esp [Version 1.0.2]
49 BlackMarshHall-RiverEthe patch.esp
4A xulBrenaRiverRavine.esp [Version 1.0.2]
4B xulImperialIsle.esp [Version 1.6.3]
4C xulBlackwoodForest.esp [Version 1.0.4]
4D xulCheydinhalFalls.esp [Version 1.0.1]
4E xulAspenWood.esp [Version 1.0.2]
4F xulSkingradOutskirts.esp [Version 1.0.1]
50 xulSnowdale.esp [Version 1.0]
51 SnowLineLodge-Snowdale patch.esp
52 Harvest [Flora].esp [Version 3.0.0]
++ Harvest [Flora] - Shivering Isles.esp [Version 3.0.0]
53 Chapel Towers.esp
++ No Glow Grass.esp
54 Oblivifall - Ambiant Dungeon SFX.esp [Version 1.2]
55 P1DkeyChain.esp [Version 5.00]
56 Toggleable Quantity Prompt.esp [Version 3.2.0]
57 ATakesAll.esp
58 RefScope.esp [Version 1.3.0]
++ Item interchange - Placement.esp [Version 0.76]
++ Item interchange - Option, Ingredients in Bulk, reduced.esp [Version 0.76]
++ Mart's Monster Mod - Resized Races.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
59 Hidden_Elves.esp
5A bgBalancingEVCore.esp [Version 10.52EV-D]
5B bgMagicEV.esp [Version 1.7EV]
++ bgMagicSpellTomes_for_WryeBash.esp [Version 1.68EV]
++ bgMagicItemSigil.esp [Version 1.68EV]
++ bgMagicEVStartspells.esp [Version 1.68EV]
5C bgMagicBonus.esp [Version 1.7EV]
++ bgMagicEVAddEnVar.esp [Version 1.68EV]
5D bgMagicEVPaperChase.esp [Version 1.68EV]
5E bgMagicAlchemy.esp [Version 1.57]
5F bgMagicPotionNumberSoulGemValue.esp [Version 1.68UV]
++ bgBalancingEVOptionalClasses.esp [Version 9.0EV-U]
++ bgBalancingEVOptionalMoreEyes.esp [Version 10]
** bgBalancingEVOptionalNPCDiversity, Beautification.esp [Version 10.0EV-D]
60 bgBalancingEVLAMEAddition.esp [Version 10.51EV-D]
++ bgBalancingEVLAMEGlue.esp [Version 10.0EV-D1.62EV]
** bgBalancingEVOptionalNPCDiversityLAME.esp [Version 10.5EV-D]
61 bgIntegrationEV.esp [Version 0.993]
** [GFX]_Initial_Glow-self.esp
** bgMagicEVShader.esp [Version 1.7EV]
++ bgMagicShaderLifeDetect.esp [Version 1.68]
62 bgMagicLightningbolt.esp
++ Real Lava 1.3.esp
** All Natural - Indoor Weather Filter For Mods.esp [Version 1.0]
++ clearHDR.esp
63 Bashed Patch, 0.esp
64 NemoriaCottage.esp
65 Forgotten Realm.esp
Active Mod Files:

Been doing find outside of a lot of CTDs. Made it through level 14 had a long talk with lord Thatchmoon,had a fight and won.

Now what do I do...

Did you notice the

three valves next to each tank full of goo? Try doing something with them.

I am up to level III, and I am really impressed wth the quality of the entries this year. I am leaving no loose stones un-taken. :thumbup: I am excersizing my bloody pick thief skills. :thumbup:

Just throwing it out there, I did cheat on a few of the levels. I got sick of fighting the summons of summons of summons and hordes of liches, zombies and skeletons and inevidibly dying even when trying the best of tactics =/. Also the one hit kill thunder shadow floors got annoying when they became unavoidable and in a room filled with zombies...So yeah...I used the "Unlock" feature and the kill...and the killall...and the tcl feature a few times...I think the quest should auto update if you make it to Thatchmoon's room. I cheated fair and square =D

The hordes are more difficult if you are running MMM, without it, I haven't seen too much in any one area :thumbup: The shocking shadows can all be avoided but for 3 which should be more than survivable for a character at level 15+. Is your character leveled that high? If so, that could be worth investigating for possible conflicts. Sorry, no bonuses for cheaters. If I legitimately played your level 20+ times in testing you can certainly suffer doing mine legitimately once. :thumbup:

The logic errors in the scripts I recompiled would still be good to include in your next update though, they didn't appear critical, but some of them looked like they'd not behave quite right. Also fixed the drowning area too, race check for Argonian did the trick.

If you could PM your findings and fix for me, I'd be grateful :lmao:

Version 1.3 has fixed the anti-magic necklace and locked door issue I was having but I`m still getting "hit" sound effects and a blurry screen about once every 10 seconds.The screen locks up before and after this happens and I have now noticed that after it happens my game autosaves....I really have no idea.

Version 1.3 has fixed the anti-magic necklace and locked door issue I was having but I`m still getting "hit" sound effects and a blurry screen about once every 10 seconds.The screen locks up before and after this happens and I have now noticed that after it happens my game autosaves....I really have no idea.

If you can, go back to a save before you did the Stym level. Otherwise you're only other shot may be a clean save and start the quest over again. :thumbup:

Level 10 has been a killer here as well. Tried 4 times now and have water breathing and can't drown so stuck. Next time took off water breathing and did drown., Finally manged to activate the skull and somehow wound up outside the whole cavern on a plane of water. Swam around and dove looking for a way in and somehow got to the other side of the bars. Went up the the next level with the baddies and killed them and went up to the next level. I can't get through the door. NO KEY... 4 times now I've gone through this and when I get to the door there's no boss with a key like it says and no way out.

I'm stuck !!!!

There should have been a Fire Atronach with one key and I think a skeleton with the other? or was it in the chest? blast. All else fails, console the door open for now. :thumbup: Open the console, click on the door and type unlock. Mind you, don't do that with any of the numbered doors in the castle. :thumbup: That's asking to bug the main quest.

Yeah, I forgot to mention there was no key on level 10 either. I ended up console unlocking the door.

The drowning thing with Argonians will be fixed whenever the next update after 1.3 comes along, I sent that and a bunch of other fixes for logic errors to DarkRider.

Still conflict hunting. I've nearly reactivated my entire load order and still haven't hit the crash. I hate stuff like this.

Ooo :thumbup: I think I know what happened. XD Originally the level door keys were IN each level BUT some challengers consistently forgot to include them or put them in screwy places. :lmao: So Rider removed them. A few of the challengers used the Level door keys to lock their exit doors (which they shouldn't have done) and I think that level was one of them. When Rider pulled the key it would have left that door locked with no way to open. :thumbup: I'll add it to the list of things to tweak in the next update. Sorry guys!

Edit: And Arthmoor I think he uploaded an update with your scripts before he went to bed. 1.3 is up. :lol:

Conflict found:

Active Mod Files:

00  Oblivion.esm

01  DarknessHollows.esp

02  Streamline.esp  [Version 3.1]

Yeah, Streamline of all things. I'll check it with DH 1.3 and see if it still holds. If that's all it is, Streamline is at least safe to deactivate for the duration.

• Upvote 1

The Argonian check in 1.3 doesn't work, it's not specific enough - the one in the group of scripts I sent you will fix it though.

The conflict is 100% with Streamline. Upgrading DH to 1.3 made no difference. Activating Streamline after already being in the affected area makes no difference, shortly after you get the Streamline activation message, the game crashes. So until this can get properly narrowed down, the DH readme needs to advise people to deactivate Streamline prior to entering Level 11. Should be perfectly safe to reactivate it after completing level 11.

• Upvote 1

I updated to 1.3 and played through level 11 again using the save I made before I ever entered it. The Experimenter still has no greeting, but otherwise it was playable. One of my issues from earlier is that when he pushes me, I don't actually go as far as I need to to fall down sometimes - this probably affected some of the triggers, and confused me as to whether or not I was actually supposed to talk to him or never be in range to talk to him. This time, knowing the intent of the event ahead of time, I just got up off the floor and bonsai'd down de hole. So it's not buggy anymore as long as the player can guess what he's meant to do and go along.

Amulet & countdown were definitely fixed.

The Anti-Athletics Ring is being forcibly unequipped with the rest of my gear, and removed to the chest with everything else. I didn't think about it originally because I wasn't sure if that was intended or not, but after three play-throughs, I felt it worth mentioning. Marking it as a quest item (if it isn't already?) should keep it from getting removed to the chest, and then it may need the same treatment as the amulet.

Sorry to pepper you with all this stuff! I dunno how many updates you plan on doing or how particular you want to be.

The glowy door numbers look spiffy. :thumbup:

Edit: posting over you, arrghhh! sorry!

Edited by Khettienna

Gah that bloody first fall. :lmao: He doesn't have any dialogue cause as you guessed he's supposed to just push you down the hole. We tested and tested and "thought" we'd gotten that one to work right, me and the author that is. :thumbup: Are you getting pushed off the edge the second time as well? When the Durzog's supposed to push you over? Cause I've not managed to actually reach the edge. :thumbup: I had to jump.

There's a very long delay between when The Experimentor is enabled and when he pushes you over the edge. That's why there's time enough to try talking to him. My first time in, I never even thought to turn around, I was creeping up to the edge to see if I could spot some platforms to jump to when he pushed me over.