DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Darkness Hollows Chat Thread! - SPOILERS INSIDE!

WhoGuru

16 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've returned from the Hollows, what did you think?

• Best Halloween mod ev-er!
    • I haven't braved the Hollows yet.
    • What? Hollow?
    • Cheese!

I seem to be without the proper key for level fourteen, what'd I miss?

The level eleven keys are all quest items, by the way, and there doesn't seem to be a mechanic in place to un-quest-item them. Also, since Cobl lets me move quest items, I was noticing that the Main Rooms Key appears to still have a no-conditions onAdd block, so there's an earthquake everytime I pick it up. Entertaining? Absolutely. :thumbup:

No, I didn't get him the script updates until after 1.3, he was too fast for me :lmao:

He asked me. :lol:

I was pretty tired at the time but I included the 'argonian' in the water script check.

Now to see if I can get out of level III. There is so much stuff to swipe, I have had to make a trip home even with my feather 5000 to unload it all. :thumbup:

'Bloody Pick Thief' that I am... :thumbup:

In level IV, with the hallways with the candles down the center of them. The first room has food that vanishes on the table. The only two doors in this room are locked and there is no key to be found anywhere.

I popped it open in the CS and found the key. Unfortunately, its on a spirit behind one of the locked doors. Has everyone been console unlocking the door?

In level IV, with the hallways with the candles down the center of them. The first room has food that vanishes on the table. The only two doors in this room are locked and there is no key to be found anywhere.

I popped it open in the CS and found the key. Unfortunately, its on a spirit behind one of the locked doors. Has everyone been console unlocking the door?

Drink the poison that's sitting on the table. :lmao: That will advance the quest.

I have not opened the guide yet. I like to see if I can figure it out myself.

Seems strange you would deliberately strand the player in your mod. But I guess that is just me. XD

Nope it's not cool. :lmao: And we WILL fix that. Makes no sense to screw someone out of the whole rest of the mod for not choosing the right thing the first time. XD Thanks for pointing it out guys!

Version 1.3 says in the update that the necklace and scripts have been disabled? I did the update last night and when I went into XI I got a necklace. Not sure what scripts are being disabled, but would one of them be stripped nakid except for a necklace?

On another note. If you get thrown backwards and DON'T fall into the whole and go back to the Experimentor and try talking with him the game locks up and only escape it to quit the game. Screenie below

Here

Oi. You're supposed to get stripped naked in that level. it's part of the quest and the journal updates as I recall explain that. The update is to remove the necklace AFTER you've completed the level, not during. XD

And you're not supposed to be able to talk to the experimentor. As you noted, you're SUPPOSED to fall into the pit. XD Next time ignore him and jump til we figure out why that stupid 'shove' insists on not working. :lmao:

On behalf of everyone involved with working so hard on this for a solid month and now hearing and seeing nothing but issues and complaints, is it possible someone could please remember that positive reinforcement is a good thing? That telling us once in a while in the midst of all the complaints that we did, in fact, do some small amount of good, would make us no end of happy and put smiles on all our faces while we try and continue to sort the issues?

Thank you. :lmao:

Hey, I've had no issues. My first confusion was finding flint and tinder. The steel was right on the table, so I thought maybe it would be out in the open.

Nope, in containers outside. Makes sense, I suppose, but it still confused me.

Next confusion was finding the key for door III. Found some plot and the key after a little while. Now I'm looking for a jester, who may or may not have killed tons of guards.

But hey; I'm looking awesome while punching these foes.

Bit laggy, but I can't guess why. Maybe my compy can't handle all the fires?

Say, is Druzz supposed to be friendly? The giant dremora, I mean. He looks silly just standing there, like a statue.

I considered killing him and taking his armor, but I wasn't sure I should.

EDIT: Aw, and now I can't enter Hanging Gardens because of a constant CTD around 25% loaded.

Edited by YX33A

Being a bloody pick thief, the flint and tinder were already in my inventory. I did wonder what they were for but guessed after a bit. :lol:

The levels have been very fun and actually very well put together! I have not had too many stumbling blocks that a little wandering around did not solve. Of course, I have just finished level V and I am looking at the doorway to level VI. So there is still a lot to do! :lol:

Some of the levels really impressed me. I was also taken by Riders castle and mini-town. (even if all the house insides were exactly the same, loot-wise. I left nothing behind! :rofl: )

The voice acting on the female ghost near the painting was excellent!

I - The necromancers were a blast to decimate. And the 'maze' with the suddenly appearing necros was a fun puzzle to figure out.

II - The necropolis was cool as I had never seen that tileset. The bats and bone liches were a surprise as well.

III - The burning castle with guards littered everywhere (a bit laggy but not too bad) was a bloody pick thiefs dream! I liked the outside courtyard and the crazy voice from nowhere.

IV - Poe's poison, dark hallways with candles running down the center, and that ethreal walkway were all fun!

V - Following the blinking ghosts was interesting and I had some sport whacking them with my sword when they appeared. I liked the screen effect when the coffin zapped me! :lol: The servent spirits were great for leveling up my swordsman skills! And falling in the pit had my heart racing for a second! It was a fun level.

And thats as far as I have gotten... with my notes taken I will continue. Thanks so far everyone!!! :thumbup:

So I'm having some problems...

In the library level once I get to the pirate ship, and activate the book in there it loads, but then crashes....no idea why :thumbup:

Load Order

Oblivion.esm

ScreenEffects.esm

Toaster Says Share v3.esm

All Natural Base.esm [Version 1.0]

DarknessHollows.esm

Immersive Interiors.esp

Immersive Interiors - Lights Addon.esp

All Natural - Real Lights.esp [Version 1.0]

All Natural.esp [Version 1.0]

All Natural - SI.esp [Version 1.0]

Side's Bravil House.esp

MaleBodyReplacerV5Beta.esp

Side's Cheydinhal House.esp

Side's Skingrad House.esp

XiaNewAmuletsV1.esp

LevelerCheat.esp

Side's Bruma House.esp

RTFemaleReplacerV12.esp

Slof's Male Clothing.esp

Toaster Says Share Faction Recruitment.esp

CTAddPose_v_1.esp

Pose Thumbnail Poses 1.1.esp [Version 1.1]

ActorsInEmotions.esp

ScreenControls.esp

UFF_TM_Ballgowns.esp

TM's HGEC Ball Gown.esp

Slof's Bracelet Collection.esp

Goma Pose 12.esp

CTAddPose_Le01.esp

Halcyon House.esp

Shezrie's Villages.esp

CTAddPose_ryk0.esp

1SB_TerryMalick_BallGownVariants.esp

GrabLiveNPC_OBSE.esp

Slof's Victorian Clothes.esp

ArrowRestLodge.esp

CTAddPose_glock3.esp

Alternate Start Revamped.esp

21EmoG.esp

CTAddPose_Gaff_02.esp

CTAddPose_Gaff_01.esp

CTAddPose_Ordinary.esp

TGND Fantabulous Formal Dresses.esp

NexonsArmoryENG.esp

Companion Neeshka.esp

77_Umpa_Animation.esp

Amen'thalas.esp

All New House.esp

CTAddPose SPB 02.esp

1em_Vilja.esp

Better_Water-1830.esp

Acolyte_Of_Kynareth_HGEC.esp

CTAddPose_OTpair2.esp

UFF - Celtic Witch Robes.esp [Version 2.1]

Vaernlor Manor.esp

Flan - Enayla Races for HEAD06.esp

GaelCompanion.esp

1SB_RavenousEleganceOutfit.esp

Alluring Potion Bottles v2.esp

CG - Necessity Pack.esp

Wellspring Vale.esp

UFF_Sweetclothes.esp

Summer Clothes.esp

WoodElfEars.esp

BBBRoseoftheGuard.esp

Flan Enayla Races-For Head06.esp

Silverlight Armor by Jojjo.esp

BaronArmor.esp

DarknessHollows.esp

Despite the apparent issues, Willie has more or less nailed it. Up until the issue with the drowning in level 10 (oversight, no big thing) everything was going pretty well.

Now, I hate to once more be the bearer of bad news, but the key to level 14's entry door appears to be MIA. Either that or it's not supposed to be locked :thumbup:

Ok folks, I`ve been struggling with an issue now for two days and 7 complete wipes/reDLs with some help in private from a couple of our members. I didn`t want to post here as it seems I`m the only one having this trouble but it`s breaking my heart and not to ask for help has become foolish so here goes.

I DL the zips to my c:/xxx/download folder.Then extract to my docs.From there I follow directions and copy/paste everything where it goes.I start the game and tick the Darkness Hollows box and hit "play". The Bethesda logo doesn`t even get a chance to come up before...crashola...same every time. I`ve tried everything I`ve learned over time but no soap. I`ve unchecked all my mods except SI and Dark Hollows...crashola....This last time out of desperation I reasoned that if I placed only the .esp and activated it,the game should at least start even though if I go to the shack there`d be an exclaimation box jungle...no soap...crashola. I did this to eliminate folder/file issues. Only the .esp is causing this. Weird,no? Just to check I loaded just the .esp from another mod I`d DLed but not installed, unchecked everything but that .esp...game fired right up and ran flawlessly. I`m out of ideas.

I hate that I have to take up the time of you fine folks when it seems that out of 5oo+ DLs...I`m the only one with this issue but before I give up I have to ask here.

Despite the apparent issues, Willie has more or less nailed it. Up until the issue with the drowning in level 10 (oversight, no big thing) everything was going pretty well.

Now, I hate to once more be the bearer of bad news, but the key to level 14's entry door appears to be MIA. Either that or it's not supposed to be locked :rofl:

Not supposed to be locked, just console it open so you can go on, it'll be fixed in v1.4 :thumbup: