DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Darkness Hollows Chat Thread! - SPOILERS INSIDE!

WhoGuru

16 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've returned from the Hollows, what did you think?

• Best Halloween mod ev-er!
    • I haven't braved the Hollows yet.
    • What? Hollow?
    • Cheese!

Donn, posting your current load order would help. Also advise what, if any other plug-ins you use. (ie. OBSE)

Han plugins are all deactivated except for DH and SI. OBSE is a mystery to me.I have it but don`t do anything with it because I`ve never been able to make it work.IS helped me make an OMOD but the DH.esp doesn`t even show up in the game menu that way.I`ll see if I can figure how to get a shot of my load order but in OBMM DH is at the bottom.

Han plugins are all deactivated except for DH and SI. OBSE is a mystery to me.I have it but don`t do anything with it because I`ve never been able to make it work.IS helped me make an OMOD but the DH.esp doesn`t even show up in the game menu that way.I`ll see if I can figure how to get a shot of my load order but in OBMM DH is at the bottom.

The obvious question then is; is your game patched to 1.2.0416?

A manual install of DH should work fine. Can't help you with OBMM.

Update. :rofl:

Please redownload the esp and sounds files. :thumbup:

==============

v1.4.0 New Version Update:

• Fixed Main Rooms Key Loop for Level XI
  • Removed Quest Marker on All Stym Keys
  • Adjusted Entry Door Position Level XII Locked Exit Door
  • Really Fixed Argonian Bug in Level X [Thanks to Arthmoor]
  • Recompiled a Few Logic Errors in Scripts [Thanks to Arthmoor]
  • Update DarknessHollows-Sounds For Fixed Dialogue for Level XII [Thanks to Arthmoor]
  • Fixed Push Sequences for Level XI
  • Fixed Non Aggressive Dremora in Level V
  • Removed Poison Disabling from Food in Level IV
  • Reduced Enemy Difficulty on Level XI
  • Unlocked Level XIV Entrance

I have to agree with Willie. Its been extremely fun so far. The biggest issue I've had so far really was not finding the key on level X and Rider's adding a small candle so that you could see it under the skeleton's hand was a major help. :rofl:

Currently working on XI and will be doing the 1.04 patchhere before I go back in.

Overall I have to say everyone's done such a marvelous job here. :thumbup:

Yes, I do have to agree that everyone's done a great job on their levels. Some really creative stuff in here. I'm pretty surprised by how well everything seems to fit together despite so many different things being done.

There's a but though - another door locked that has no key. This time the one leading to "The Ascension". It's been set to be locked, but has no key assigned to unlock it, so I can't pick my way through and will be having to use the console again to open it. And yes, this is verified on the 1.4 update. Still very much locked.

I'd like to say thank you very much to DarkRider, Windmill Tilter, WhoGuru, and every contributor to the 2010 Halloween Challenge for putting together a fantastic mod to amuse the masses, bumps and all.

Special kudos to greenwarden for the amazing voice work on the haunted woman that one first encounters. Brilliant work.

The land of the Hollows is simply gorgeous (I'm a sucker for waterfalls). The stormy setting adds to the eerie atmosphere and the shadow wolves were a real surprise, and a stroke of talented texturing. The castle itself is the perfect atmosphere to pull the entire storyline together.

While I've already voted on the official categories of the contest, I'd like to offer up some of my own (personal opinion) trophies.

Best Dungeon Crawl:

Level 3 - Halls of Malice/Hanging Gardens/Jester's Court - was quite long but chock full of interesting tidbits all around. Plus a great reward at the end.

Best Atmosphere:

Level 12 - The Guest Room/Imperial Palace/The Void/Imperial Prison - I haven't heard the Emperor's voice in a long time and this made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Great work.

Best Engagement of the player:

Level 8 - The Bloodied Keep - more great voice work here of the Legion Captain (wonders who that was). Nice secrets with the books that were a real treat to read.

Best Visuals:

Level 6 - Halls of the Profane/Cathedral of Corruption - just awesome.

Again, those are my opinions. Congratulations to all the competitors. I really enjoyed playing this.

• Upvote 1

I did a clean install with version 1.04... Just out of curiousity what happens when the in the battle with the orc and the durzog if the orc kills the durzog? This is the one where you first go in the room and it says if you see the durzog you need to run....

PS.. deleted all my saved games and quick saves that I had after I went in XI just to be sure that the changes were not affected.

Nice job with the Experimenter Rider. Works perfectly. :thumbup:

Next year...no keys. :thumbup:

Thank you for putting up with all our needling. For me, I post about the bugs because I love the mod enough to do so. I feel sure there are others in the thread who would say the same, given what I know of them. :rofl:

In the spirit of pushing the balance back in favor of complimentary feedback, I have to say that I love the worldspace. The village, the castle, everything - and much agreed with Hana about the waterfalls. All of the interiors were also beautifully done. I was honestly blown away and humbled by how much work and art went into the mod before the contestants' levels are even encountered. I have every intention of coming back a second and third time to take it all in again.

I can see the amount of work that would have had to go into merging all the levels into the main mod and making it all work together.

You guys deserve so many cookies.

• Upvote 1

Yeah that's because the Durzogs were too hard for players so I reined it back. In 1.5 I will make sure he wins everytime, but Im not updating just for that so it will be a bit until there is sufficient to justify an update, added it to the list Arion, so no additional reports are needed. :thumbup:

Thank you for putting up with all our needling. For me, I post about the bugs because I love the mod enough to do so. I feel sure there are others in the thread who would say the same, given what I know of them. :D

No worries, I don't mind the bug reports, it all makes for a better project overall in the end. I just wish for my own part I didn't miss so many obvious ones before release *shudder keys* :lmao:

Ok just an update on my little dilemma. Han helped me to discover that although the game let me play SI, it wasn`t "seeing" the patches and so once I reran the 2nd disc and refreshed SI....NOCRASH. Thank you Han. :D Evidently without the patches the game wouldn`t let me load DH and so just shut down. When my laptop crashed a little while ago I had to do a system recovery and had to reinstall alot of stuff...guess I just never reran OBs 2nd disc...or something else happened...dunno.Now it seems I`m off to the Hollows of Darkness... :lmao:

• Upvote 1

@Arion: If you're in the void in level XII, the Emperor's ghost is supposed to be on that island I think. Chancellor Ocatos on another and a soldier on the third. After finding Ocato and the Soldier, speaking with the Emperor's ghost gives you the last bone piece for the guest room.

That's what's supposed to happen anyway. :lmao: Unless you've found a portal to the twilight zone in oblivion... which I wouldn't put past you. :D

When I went through the portal to the void. The emporer's voice spoke to me but there wasn't any ghost. When I cross the bridge to the island where the 3 gates are in the middle a voice says the dawn is breaking (don't know the voice). Get on the island and have to fight a grumman deathdealer. Then head to any one of the 3 portals there and you go to where the mystical unicorns are. No they don't talk. I've climbed the rocks thinking that maybe one of the ghosts is hidding. Nope, it's an island surrounded by water. Go back tot he portal and you get a choise to return to the real world. If you do, you wind up at Alwell's Tavern - no shosts there. Can go outside and everything is normal. <--- this happens at all 3 portals on the isalnd. If you say No, you teleport right back to the same place with the unicorns.

I deleted all my quick saves for that level and redid it and I have the same results ..

Just went and ran the save I had outside level 12 again, no problems using DH 1.4.1. All the portals went to the right places.

That unicorn's paradise place isn't even in this mod as far as I know, I certainly never ran into that, and I can't find anything relating to it in the CS. Best bet at this point is once you're in there, get a formID from something, anything, in the area and track down where the game says its coming from. Refscope or FormID Finder are good tools to get more details from things in the game, but clicking on something there with the console open should give you enough to check the first two digits of the formID and compare to your load order.

Just thought, one possibility is that the portal object is being edited by another mod you have. Level 12 was the only one I recall that uses those doors.

Edited by Arthmoor

Yep there is absolutely nothing in Darkness Hollows like that. I've just tooled around all the levels and worldspaces to make sure I hadn't somehow missed it. You have a mod conflict Arion. :lmao: Now we need to find out which one so we can note it. Follow Arthmoor's advice above so we can track it down and thanks Arthmoor! :pints:

1.41 I got the same results..... I've seen this place before but damned if I can remember where. I was wow this is really neat that they used this. Will try Art's suggestion and see what I can find out.

Load Order is:

Active Mod Files:

00  Oblivion.esm

01  Cybiades.esm  [Version 2.0]

02  Cobl Main.esm  [Version 1.72]

03  CM Partners.esm

04  Toaster Says Share v3.esm

05  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.3]

06  UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp  [Version 1.0.0]

07  Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp

08  DLCShiveringIsles.esp

09  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.4.0]