DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Darkness Hollows Chat Thread! - SPOILERS INSIDE!

WhoGuru

16 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've returned from the Hollows, what did you think?

• Best Halloween mod ev-er!
    • I haven't braved the Hollows yet.
    • What? Hollow?
    • Cheese!

Did it return after you reactivated any mods ?

Yeah, I'm pretty certain it was gone with OBSE deactivated, (I played to the third part, on the SI section) when I tried with Supreme Magic, I had to rebuild my patch and missed a couple COBL tweaks too, tried reactivating COBL Races, Tweaks and Glue, then I got the AutoSave, but Now I'm not so sure I played lomg enough with SM deactivated, I went through the Castle and got the Key, then through the First Portal, into the last section with the Statue, No AutoSaves tet, but that's as fat as I went.

*I'm not sure if I reactivated SM or not, I Do have it ticked... :ouch:

***I'm pretty sure that save without Supreme Magic was still affected I just didn't run it long enough...

The save I made with OBSE II disabled, I can renable Everything and it Still looks clean, HUD snap back and stay

Edited by Brozly

Okay I`m getting somewhere too,after deactivating/uninstalling numerous mods/shaders/textures etc ,I ran Oblivion from its.exe file and not OBSE...SUCCESS !!! no random Durzog crash effect going through doors,opening inventory or any other time it just felt like doing it.

Now I`m sure myself and Brozly are not the only ones running DH through OBSE so the question is..why was it affecting us ?

Next step for me is to see if my non OBSE save remains okay after loading with OBSE and if it does I`ll then start putting my load order back together and hope for the best.

Kudos to Brozly who`s been fighting with this too and has been reporting what he`s been trying :ouch:

Now I`m sure myself and Brozly are not the only ones running DH through OBSE...

I have OBSE running as well. :ouch: However I'm not using any shader or texture replacers, other than AWLSaC if that even qualifies. :wave: and I've not had that problem so, logical conclusion, it's not OBSE on its own causing the issue but a combo of things.

You guys are doing a stellar job of trying to track this bug down. :P

I've kinda gave up for a while, I can't notice any lingering problems, so I figure I'll just finish to Mod out and Maybe tackle it afterward..

I Really enjoyed the Stym, but it Definatly started getting old after awhile,(expecialy with all the "Hey I got it, no I don'ts(just can't belive some people)) :ouch:

It's obviously something that runs OBSE, but I'm not quite sure what.. :wave:

Well,I loaded my clean non OBSE save through OBSE in level 12.opened my inventory..bamm..durzog`ed.....went through the door back to the castle...bamm..durzog`ed.

I`m pretty much all out of ideas now and I need some sleep.I`ll plug on again after a few hours kip .... :wave:

Ouch, sorry to hear that, I just tried again, Just before I entered the room where you grab the key off the desk and the Durzog gets out, disabled OBSE (unchecked from Wyre Bash), ran through the rest of The Stym, (I did notice I never got an update for "Pushed into the water") saved as soon as I exited into the Castle, I renabled OBSE and all looked to be fine.. (all I have to do is check my inventory and see if my HUD comes up and I can move right away)

Haven't narrowed it down to a single Mod conflict yet, but that seems to work 100% for mine... :ouch:

*Tried again and got the update, no change from previous run.. (not a factor)

Edited by Brozly

I`ve made some progress today and I think I have nearly cracked it and it all seems to point to an OBSE dependant mod I use ( and the same mod is in Brozly`s load order).

Okay this may get a bit complicated but heres a rundown of what I`ve done to establish this.

1.Last night I made a non OBSE save after the Stym and I was`nt getting the conflict.

2.Loading this save with OBSE ( and a few OBSE mods enabled) caused it to return when opening inventories or going through doors.

3.Played the level countless times and searched around the level in the CS and worked out the conflict started after picking up the key before the fire corridor chase with the Durzog...this key has a script attached to it

4.Played through the level complete with glitches and started the next level.

5.Opened my inventory in level 12 and dropped the "Main Room Key" ( the key above with script attached) closed the inventory and got Durzog`ed

6.Saved and exited Oblivion,loaded the new save ( without the key in my inventory ) and went through a door...no glitch...opened inventory...no glitch.

From this it all seems to point to the OBSE mod P1DkeyChain.esp not liking that particular key and firing the script attached to it. ( and as I said,Brozly was also using the keychain mod when he was getting the conflict so its a common denominator )

I`ve got a few more tests to run but fingers crossed I may be on the last hurdle.

From this it all seems to point to the OBSE mod P1DkeyChain.esp not liking that particular key and firing the script attached to it. ( and as I said,Brozly was also using the keychain mod when he was getting the conflict so its a common denominator )

I will keep this on the table as a possibility but mucking about with the scripts in that area I was able to acquire your issue with only Oblivion and SI in my load order. Something seems to be awry somewhere, I'll keep tracking the issue with a bit of enlisted help on the side. You guys keep reporting anything you resolve, thanks! :rofl:

I will keep this on the table as a possibility but mucking about with the scripts in that area I was able to acquire your issue with only Oblivion and SI in my load order. Something seems to be awry somewhere, I'll keep tracking the issue with a bit of enlisted help on the side. You guys keep reporting anything you resolve, thanks! :rofl:

Ah damn,I thought I`d found the culprit... :rofl: I`ve just put my load order back together aswell. :rofl:

Worked for me, I had some quirks in 13 & 14, if I didn't complete the level nonstop, the keys didn't work..., I think I May have missed sonething else as well, as I still have a Journal update about the Surgeon's notes... :rofl:

You guy's did an Awsome job on this, mot sure how I can go back to plane Oblivion now... :rofl:

*With Only keychain deactivated, I could load just prior to entering room with The key, and never get the delayed HUD.

I reactivated Keychain just outside the last door, before I encountered the Shadow Wolves... :rofl:

Edited by Brozly

If you`ve not played it yet,try The Oubliette - it was last years Halloween Challenge.

Thank You Stoney, will have to give it a try... (Still voted best Holloween Mod ever) :rofl:

Just to further verify, I ran Keychain with a minamal LO, (Oblivion.esm, Darkness Hollows, UOP, SI, UOSIP, Keychain and IDKRR(Corean)), When I grab the key, I have the long pause returning to my HUD as soon as I get the journal update, Ran everything except Keychain, no pause whatsoever...

I had a bit of trouble with level X where you need to drown. I drown consistantly and die at the same time.

I checked the scripts and because when I am drowning, my health goes down by 100 per second. The measly restore health of 20 one time does not do much since it takes about 10 more seconds for the water to lower.

My way around this was to check if my health was less than 50 instead of 15. If so, the restore spell I changed to restore health at 100 for 10 seconds. I was finally able to survive the drowning. :ninja: And my health was still severly damaged.

Just a note on level XI.

The blood ogres and durzog are leveled to the player. Normally this is fine but all I have is an iron sword and no armor, just some sack cloth or the like. Now, being level 36, any single blood ogre can kill me in 3 or 4 hits and I have almost 600 health. Lets not even discuss the 2 hits it takes the Durzog to kill me.

The potions that are meant to heal me do very little in the way of helping. I would have to drink 20 of them, but scripts do not allow that.

Because of this, I have had to use the 'kill' console command on them since there is absolutely no way a high level player can survive more than a few seconds.

Just a note on level XI.

The blood ogres and durzog are leveled to the player. Normally this is fine but all I have is an iron sword and no armor, just some sack cloth or the like. Now, being level 36, any single blood ogre can kill me in 3 or 4 hits and I have almost 600 health. Lets not even discuss the 2 hits it takes the Durzog to kill me.

The potions that are meant to heal me do very little in the way of helping. I would have to drink 20 of them, but scripts do not allow that.

Because of this, I have had to use the 'kill' console command on them since there is absolutely no way a high level player can survive more than a few seconds.

I agree with you on that point. I came in at level 48. Don't need to say anymore.

Thought I was bad, I was only lvl. 20, but I brought Ithildan, and Viconia... of course when they took all my gear in XI... I Tried with that little dagger, but eventually had to borrow from Viconia, also playing as a Theif, with COBL install gave me Scout toggle. :ninja:

hello everybody!

I went through all pages of current thread yet I found no answer to my problem in the dungeon:

I am at lvl I, staring at the body of the dead captain in his prison cell (last one on the left).

Walkthrough mentions I should get an exit key here but there is nothing to be found in his dead body.

Am I looking in the wrong place or is it a glitch of some kind?

pls advise

tks

Ok nice work folks. So far so good but in lvl.5 and after reading the walkthrough and reloading an earlier save and going through 3 more times the exit still won`t open. I work my way through the waves of enemies before taking out the boss litch and get the notice that the pumpkin key has been added to my inventory. When I check however there are still only 4 listed in my inventory and the exit door tells me I need a key to open it.Any ideas?

hello everybody!

I went through all pages of current thread yet I found no answer to my problem in the dungeon:

I am at lvl I, staring at the body of the dead captain in his prison cell (last one on the left).

Walkthrough mentions I should get an exit key here but there is nothing to be found in his dead body.

Am I looking in the wrong place or is it a glitch of some kind?

pls advise

tks

IIRC he doesn't have the key on him. He has a note that mentions the key is at the end of the hallway. Go out in the hall and look for a small chest at the end of it amongst the crates.

When I went through it that guard had the exit key. The key on the chest is only a house key to the next level. Maybe it was changed from the earlier versions.

If you got the key from the guard in the barracks and the one in the keybox, You can make it through the rest of those levels and exit to the hollows for the next door.